An expert VHS conversion service represents the best way to preserve your old VHS tapes for years. If you want to watch your favorite TV shows from your youth or relive family memories, you need to convert your VHS tapes to a modern format.
If you have a box of old VHS tapes in your attic, you certainly aren’t alone. Many of us have crates of cherished old recordings from days gone by. But being able to watch them again is another matter. Most people no longer have a VHS player, and those who do may find it’s no longer in working order. Converting your tapes is the only way to watch them.
Even if you have a functioning machine right now, it still makes sense to consider using a conversion service. VHS tapes degrade over time, and the quality wasn’t great in the first place – remember, these were very low-resolution analog recordings. Converting them to digital now will protect those precious memories and allow you to watch them repeatedly without having them degrade before you can watch them.
Why Should I Convert My Old Tapes?
There are three great reasons for converting all of your old tapes.
- Conversion preserves the original content in a durable and long-lasting format.
- There’s the possibility of digitally enhancing and restoring your old footage for better-quality viewing.
- You can archive your memories in a digital format to preserve them long-term.
Which Format Should I Convert My Tapes To?
Most people prefer to convert their tapes to the most up-to-date modern format. That means MP4 is today’s video standard. There are many reasons why MP4s are such a versatile and convenient option:
- You can play videotape converted to .mp4 format on Smart TVs and computers, which gives you maximum viewing flexibility.
- You can share mp4s via the cloud to all other platforms, many of them wirelessly. You can also share those precious memories with loved ones.
- Mp4s can be uploaded to your personal cloud server for backup security, protecting them from damage.
- Since mp4s are digital, you can manage any future formats transparently.
- Many computers, tablets, and laptops no longer have DVD players. Demand for DVDs has dropped 90% in the past five years. Mp4s, on the other hand, are in widespread use and look to remain popular for years to come.
- Storage for mp4 files is a tiny fraction of that required for DVDs or the original videotapes.
- Mp4s never wear out, so you can repeatedly watch them without worrying about damage.
There are some people who still want a physical DVD to put in a machine and play. Many people still use DVDs and just don’t want to mess with the digital world. Luckily, that’s no problem, as we offer DVDs as well! Here at Reborn Audio Video, we can convert tapes to both of these formats, so there’s no need to worry!
Sometimes, both formats are the perfect solution. Then you can share your films with your grandparents and your children. In fact, it’s great value to do both formats at the same time since the second one is half-price!
Why Can’t I Convert My Own Tapes?
Of course, you can convert your own tapes; however, that isn’t as easy as it sounds. You need to have the right skills and equipment:
- Professional conversion equipment costs about ten times the average consumer product. That shows in the options available and the quality of the final video. Here at Reborn Audio Video, our original capture is with ProRes422; then, we convert it to mp4s. The result is production movie quality capture with mp4 standard delivery.
- You have to play every videotape in real-time. Each tape can be up to two hours long (or up to six in exceptional cases). If you have twenty tapes, it’ll take a long time! Here at Reborn Audio Video, we can capture up to 16 tapes at a time.
- You will need to clean up the captured video. Otherwise, you’ll have dead space at the beginning and end and fluttery borders. These will ruin a good capture without the correct editing software and experience.
- You need to know how to fix a broken tape inside the case. Most people don’t have this knowledge.
- You must also know how to use various quality settings for each appropriate case.
What Are the Advantages of An Expert Service?
Using an expert service comes with some significant advantages. Firstly, of course, you benefit from our expertise and experience as well as our high-quality equipment. We can produce excellent outcomes without damaging your tapes. We also complete the work faster than you could, because you would have to acquire the equipment and learn how to use it.
What Should I Look for in an Expert Digital Conversion Service?
If you’re looking for an expert digital conversion service, there are several key things to look out for. It should:
- Be a trusted, long-established business
- Offer a personal level of service
- Have a rapid turnaround
- Use high-quality equipment
- Have a convenient location
- Offer an email service if necessary
Reborn Audio Video is proud to meet all of these criteria. Make us your number-one choice in Denver for all your expert VHS conversion service requirements.